Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Crossed the Tropic of Cancer

The next day Poncho rode with me from Zacatecas and along the way we crossed the Tropic of Cancer. From here it become increasingly steep down hill.




4 June 2006

Zacatecas

Mexico

I battled to find my way out of Mexico City in the rain but fortunately it was early on a Sunday morning so the traffic was reasonable. I rode to Zacatecas to meet up with a microlight pilot Francisco (nicknamed "Poncho") who had invited me to visit and stay over. The weather remained bad for most of the 600km ride.

When I got there we did our boy pilot stuff and visited his microlight. An Australian Airborne 912 with the same type of engine as Alan and I used. They are pretty much the best trikes in the world.

The rest of the day was spent walking around the sites of Zacatecas and ended with a pleasant dinner which included his wife and friends. I really enjoy meeting people in this way. One can visit tourist sites and in a way they start to become similar but people are always interesting and different.

Adios

Ricky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home