Sunday, May 07, 2006



7 May 26

Tumes

Peru

Day 49

Been out there riding hard and long. Got in 900km today. Am on the border with Ecaudor. Hope to get a visa and enter tomorrow.

Visiting Macchu Piccho and Lake Titicaca was a big highlight. It was an area I have been looking forward to visiting for years. Now that is done I am going on a mission to try and catch up some distance to get to USA by mid June. This is the best area for me to do the racing because it is all desert so the weather is favourable and from other motor cyclists I understand that Central America is a lot more congested, slower and the dog problem is infintely worse.

Stray dogs along the road is a serious danger. I have already hit two. The second one nearly had me off the bike.

The ride today was along the Pacific coast and all desert. Came across two little surfing villages which looked very inviting to stop at for a decade or two. There were a few ¨Casitas¨ built on the beach waiting to be moved into and a hamock hung between the patio posts. Best of all the beach is smooth and hard and looking very much like a perfect microlight landing strip. Anyone care to join me?

Ciao

Ricky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home