Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Buenos Dias from Mexico City

23 May 2006
Mexico City
Mexico

Buenos Dias.
My Spanish is coming along well but not yet good enough to test on another hair cut.

Left Tapachula and rode about 600km to a small villiage Tuxtepec, near Veracruz which is on the Caribean side of Mexico. The mission for getting there was to visit Manual Fernandes whom we stayed with when Martin and I flew through here on the microlighting expedition. I stayed over and took a rest day from riding. Also got a chance to repair a broken side mirror and windscreen.
It was a pleasure to spend the day with Manuel and his family.
Kinda makes me mushy and home sick being in such a cosy enviroment.
This morning I bid them farewell and rode to Mexico City. It is a massive city with a population close to 20 million people. It is apparently the third largest city in the world.

Driving around the city was a nightmare because there is so much traffic and all the &%$(" roads are one way only. To turn back and crossing roads is almost impossible but I was rewarded with finding a nice hotel in a great area with parking for the bike.
( For bikers it is called Hotel Del Principado, http://www.hoteldelprincipado.com.mx/ )

You may have noticed me riding long and hard. Well it was not without reason. I have time constriants (and budget) to get back to South Africa and desperately wanted to fit in a special sideline trip. Did my homework on it and it seems I can do it so it's all systems go. Hopefully fly out of here on the 25th and will email you from ................
To give you an idea I am going to discover more of Che Guevara´s turf.

Until the next destination
Adios
Ricky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home