Monday, June 19, 2006

Leaving LA


LA to Santa Cruz
USA

Is it mandatory to take a photograph of the famous Hollywood sign in LA?
Well I wish someone had told me it was not because I rode all over town (parked in the No Parking zone) and got entangled in traffic to get this photo.
From there I set out to ride along the coastal Pacific Highway and took the wrong off ramp (a mistake to be avoided on these big highways and busy traffic) and soon found myself heading out into the desert. Eventually made it back to the coast and onto the right highway. It is an excellent road with amazing turns perfect for motorbikes. It took restrain to hold back the desire to touch the foot pegs on the road around the corners. I kept reminding myself that this was the last stretch of this trip and to be careful.













In Santa Cruz I met up with a SA friend, Tony, who now lives here. We grew up together back in the teenage/surfing days so you can imagine how the conversation was dominated with stories of times gone by.

Have a Great Day
Ricky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home