Thursday, June 15, 2006

Pacific Pond



Made it to the Pacific

LV TO LA
USA

Los Vegas was really worth the visit if not only to see the enormity or extent of extravagance that we are capable of. Every part of that city is fabricated, completely unnecessary and does not fulfill any basic human needs other than for pleasure. It is amazing how much we are prepared to spend on pleasures. And why not?

The desert heat was already setting in when I left early in the morning for Los Angeles. It was a straight forward ride along highway 15 through the mountains afterwhich the temperature dropped dramatically and I was into the flow of the LA traffic. I had been warned about the traffic but it was not bad. Yes it is very busy but the drivers are disciplined and things work well. I am staying with friends in LA and enjoying a bit of luxury before heading North on the final stretch to San Francisco.

Today I met up with Todd from Honda USA who was in Buenos Aires at the same time as I was there. At an evening diner in BA we promised to meet in LA and that I would bring a mate' gord (bowl) and he would bring the mate' and enjoy an Argentian specific drink. Today, to his surprise, I arrived with the gord that I have been carrying for over 22 000km and we did our little ritual.


Tomorrow it is off to Santa Cruz to visit an old South African friend and the next day to San Francisco where a few friends have planned to meet me at the Northern end of the Golden Gate bridge with beer and champagne. Now all I have to do is not fall off the bike on the last stretch to the end.

Hold thumbs. (if something I fall off it will be because you didnt hold thumbs. No guilt trip intended. )

Have a great day
Ricky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home