Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Met up with the boys in Monterey

5 June 2006
Monterey
Mecxico

The primary reason for heading to Monterey was to meet up with some flying buddies Martin and I had met when we flew through here.

With Poncho accompaning me for half the distance made the ride feel like a short trip. It was a mere 500km ride.

I found my way to Artuo's house partially by recalling what the area looked like and the rest with a small map Arturo emailed me and the rest was luck.
















It did not take much time before I was bundled into the back a a flying gizmo being Arturo's Husky. The wind was blowing more than I was comfortable with but how was I to show my fear? Before long we parted with mother earth and bounced around in turbulence between the mountains with Arturo trying to convince me that it was all fine and that we were not flying in a flimsy trike. I flew for a while and and played around in the air.
Monterey is surrounded by some big mountain cliffs and is an extremely beautiful area. I really appreciated the flight, admittedly more so once we had landed. The evening ended with a Mexican barbeque with tortillas and a few beers to extinguish the hot spices.











I am stay here for an extra day to catchup with everyone and have the pony serviced.
From here the "plan" is to cross into USA and initially head for Houston.

I am fabricating stresses about what the US immigration may say if they find out about the little detour to the "forbidden country". Tomorrows problem.

Ciao
Ricky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home