Saturday, June 10, 2006

Billy The Kid










10 June 2006
Springerville
Arizona
USA

Man this country is HUGE! I ride the whole day and only make a tiny dent of progress on the map. I am in Springerville in South Eastern Arizona state. It is only two thirds of the way from Houston to Grand canyon and I have been riding my bum numb, for two whole days. Hopefully I will get there tomorrow.

It is sooo cool to ride through the USA. This is doing things in style.
There are stacks of Harley's cruising along and most ride slow so I can follow them. In Buenos Aires we fitted some foot pegs in front of my engine (more as a crash bar than anything else) and I put my feet up on them, lean against my back pack and do my best to look Cool like the Harley riders.

Today I stopped at a small town because I saw some old cowboys sitting on the porch of an old building. Started chatting to them and it turned out to be the town of Lincoln which is famous for the story of Billy the Kid. He was a really cowboy and that is where he "shot the sheriff", escaped being hung and later died there in a shoot out. Great unplanned stop.

Still no luck with photos. Will keep trying

Have a great day
From USA
Ricky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home