Sunday, March 26, 2006

1) Argentina
Buenos Aires
Day 6 Friday
24 March 2006
Distance 1.2 km

Whoopy! Motor bike registered, number plated and legal to ride.
Went for a ride on the little pony and it handles well. It feels like a toy and the seat feels like it could get seriously hard after a few hours.
Off I went tearing down the narrow streets, turned left and it took a pregnant moment to register why the on coming bus was hooting. Driving here is on the right hand side, opposite to what I am used to back home. It was not a problem I merely turned up the pavement and into the car wash bay next to it. I am not sure if the group of pot bellied, white vested men playing cards under the carport were convinced with my attempt at pretending it was intentional.

This logic problem solved, I then went on to discover several new traffic rules like:
A green traffic light means go and a red one means go faster.
Right of way is to whoever has the biggest gooneys
And going around a corner is tantamount to a life altering experience

A bit late for those little introspective questions like “Why am I doing this?”
If you think I am doing this with confidence and no fear you are so wrong. I am poep bang! Once I get going I hope it will become easier.

On the social and fun side Honda arranged a media presentation which was good fun. I stood there in my new Honda T-shirt, flanked by two beautiful young girls, answering questions, while a translator struggled to make sense of what I was saying.
The presentation expanded into dinner at a really nice restaurant. Lots of fun was had by all.
Two visiting Americans from Honda Los Angeles and Rider magazine were part of the party. We exchanged a challenge and commitment to meet in LA and share a Mate’. A local drink of Argentina.

Now is off to an “Asado” (barbeque) with Javier and friends.

Hoping to get going by Wednesday next week.

Adios
Ricky

PS. Tango lessons coming along very well. Will try to send photo.

1 Comments:

Blogger RobC said...

Viaje seguro Ricky... may the road be filled with pleasant encounters.

4:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home