Tuesday, April 18, 2006

18 April 2006
Jujuy
Argentina
Day 30
Distance 4300km

I left Salta today having had an effect on some paper salesman’s budget this month.
With the help of Manuel, who knows all the important people in town, I managed to pay a minimal export duty on the motorbike which in theory leaves me free to cross the border.
I have ridden to Jujuy and tomorrow morning will leave to the same Jama border post and hopefully St Pedro de Atacama in Chile.
Today along the way the road was blocked by locals at various points but they let me trough on the motor bike. I asked the police what the situation was but unfortunately couldn’t understand the reason they tried to explain. Bit of a communication gap.
Contrary to the warnings people have given me about the police here, my experience with them has been very pleasant. Hopefully this will continue into Chile.

AdiosRicky

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ricky

really enjoyed your latest updates ... was that snow or salt you were sitting on. You missed one of my famous Irish Stews over Easter ... rolled out the old black pot and peeled a helluva lot of potatoes ... but i've saved you some in the freezer. So what's the plan from this point onward? ... do you think the bike will make it?

cheers
paul

6:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home