Friday, April 07, 2006

Crossing Argentina














7 April 2006
Saenz Peria
Argentina
Distance 2300 km

The two night stop over in Formosa was much needed for both myself and the little pony. It was serviced there by the local Honda dealer and is now going se well it can almost cantor.
The dealer, Guillermo looked after me too well and also organised a radio and newspaper interview so his truly and Guillermo were in the local newspaper this morning. I made sure to take the newspaper with incase it helped to explain things at a police stop. This is a useful tactic Alan and I learnt on the microlight trip which was to show the bureaucrats giving us a hard time, several newspaper clippings about our trip and they quickly assumed we were important and not to be given a hard time.
It turned out to not be necessary. I was stopped twice and they were very polite. One policeman even spoke English so we had a little chat. These guys should give the Paraguayan police a few tips.
I am now riding West across the country towards the town Salta from where I plan to leave to Chile. That’s if I can get across the border with the bike. The short 300km ride today was because I would not be able to make it all the way to Salta in one day and there is nothing much between here and Salta. So tomorrow is a 700km sore butt day.

Adios
Ricky

For the Techno junkies.
The motor bike uses on average 4.5 litres per 100km and has a range of about 200km at 90 km/hr. The reserve fuel is 3 litres and I don’t want to find out how far that will go. I remain below a 100 km/hr to look after the little 250cc motor. It has a long road ahead.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Ricky, Good to see you on the go again mate. Just heard about your latest adventure and wish you all the best. Went to your presentation in Sydney when you where here last. Enjoyed it immensely

I run the Trike Flyers Social Bar http://groups.yahoo.com/group/trikeflyers_socialbar/ so sign up and drop us a line from time to time.

I've already posted your email you sent to Kathy in Perth so all the US guys will know you're coming their way.

Lotsa guys on the list from the US who I would think would be only too happy to help you out along the way and perhaps a fly or two just so you don't get too used to that 2 wheel death machine your on.

Cheers, Kerry
kerry@ncentiv.com

4:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ricky,

I only received the link to your newest expedition yesterday!!! Please keep posting images and information! And keep going!!! Like I've said before, you are an absolute inspiration. Last night I was at a Mike McCullen Show and we were asked to name South African Legends. You're one of them! I'll be back regularly!

5:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home