Monday, April 24, 2006

24 April 2006
Arequipa
Peru
Day 37

Appologise for no photos but there seems to be a prolem with this blogger system. It's definitely not an operator problem. (Or at least I hope not).

Did my little bit around Tacna checking out the cathederal and more interestingly I came across a mosque. It looked very in place in the desert surroundings but unusual in this very Catholic enviroment.

Arequipa is a pleasant break from the vastness of the Atacama desert. Don't get me wrong the desert has its own beauty and magnificence. To ride for hours increasingly paniciking about the next fuel staion and then to ride over a 4000ft sand dune like mountain and suddenly look down on a valley of lush greenery in the river bed below, is breathtaking.

It is nice to have the grinding paste out of the mouth. On this note I must send a message of gratitude to the weather fairy. It has been really good and in an area where windless days are rare. Thanks

Hopefully tomorrow I can send ome photos and save you from having to read my mumblings.

Ciao
Ricky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home