Saturday, May 13, 2006




13 May 2006

Bogota

Colombia

The one day dash around Bogota was a rush but I got a fair idea of its old buildings and both the central area and the upmarket northern area of the city. The articles I read on the city certainly does not do it justice. It is a great modern city with big shopping centres and all the facilities.

There have been TV reports of major flooding in the Southern poorer side of town. Can´t say the rain has been too much of a problem along the road. I have had good weather most of the time. The rain is the typical afternoon thunder showers and when it does come down it lets rip in a big way.

Yesterday I rode into Bogota and went directly to the cargo section of the airport. Within an hour the motorbike was cleared and ready to air freight to Panama City. I have opted for the air freighting option is primarily because of time. Also other motorcyclists have advised me to go this route as it is the safest, most efficient alternative and a similar price to shipping it across to Panama which can take a week or more.

The narcotics police made me take the bike apart to check absolutley everything. Do I look like a drug smuggler? Please don´t reply.

Got to rush boarding the plane to Panama now.

Adios

Ricky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home