Sunday, April 02, 2006

On the Road


1 April 2006
Colon
Argentina
Day 14
Distance +- 400km

On the road.



You know that feeling when you wake up in the morning and a big dark cloud hangs over your head. Well this morning started like that and that cloud stretched all the way to the port where the ferry leaves to Uruguay.
I was once again in time for the last minute panic before departure in the hope of being forgotten, overlooked or shoved in amongst the loading process but it was not to be. I was not forgotten and was again rejected. My tenacity this time being met with a smile from the customs lady followed by a clue as to how I might overcome the technical problem burdening my plans. With this positive information I left with a little smile and a lot of hope.
As much as I really enjoy Buenos Aires and its distractions, I had to at least try and make some progress so I headed North on highway 9, 12 and then 14 with the focus of trying to, in two or three days, get to Iguazu Falls on the border between Brazil, Paraguay and Argentina.
I putted along at 90km/hr happy with the fact that in some way I was making progress. Occasionally getting lost, taking a turn off I was convinced was correct but the GPS arguing differently. I hate those gadgets. They always right.
After 200km in the middle of the highway the engine cut out and I found out the range of a tank of fuel. Fortunately when I turned the little tap on to reserve, all was well again and I got to a fuel station.

Continued on next update.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home