Sunday, April 02, 2006

In the Air again













Tank full, off I went on to the wrong side of the road.
Later I noticed an aeroplane overhead towing a glider. Hum! Interesting! And chose to follow it to the runway of the Aero Club of Concepcion Del Uruguay. Being the shy type I introduced myself and was soon bundled into the tug plane trying to prove that I could infact fly a plane. It was a 1970’s Cessna 182 tail dragger which I had no clue of how to fly and even less on how to land a tail dragger. After the pilot, Mariano, let me totally embarrass myself and we all had a good laugh I bid everyone farewell and continued riding North to a small town Colon to once again attempt crossing into Uruguay.
The border was decorated with placards and security presence because of the demonstrations to do with the planned paper factory on the river. The customs officials had the similar cold shoulder. With time they also suggested similar alternatives to the ferry officials. So let’s hope it works when I will desperately need it between the Argentinean/ Chile border.

Adios
Ricky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home